Friday, June 01, 2018

[Personal] Busy play day at Busy Tables @ Rochester Mall

Great minds think alike. Both my boss and myself agree that a person should not work on his/her birthday and therefore he had granted me the birthday leave on my birthday even before I asked for it. To make this birthday worthwhile, I've decided to bring Rena out for a play day. After searching through many online reviews on Indoor playgrounds, Busy Tables appealed to me the most.



Located at Rochester Mall, which is just a few minutes walk away from Buona Vista MRT,  Busy Tables is not so much of an indoor playground, but more of a place where parents can let their kids learn and explore through the different toys available. The location is perfect for me as I stay in the west area.


Due to the fact that it was a Friday afternoon, the whole play area was empty when we arrived. What I liked most about this place is the safe and gentle environment and the educational toys available. Though I didn't have to deal with any rowdy kids running around, I had to keep an eye on Rena to ensure that she didn't take those little toys and put into her mouth. There was no restrictions as to which area Rena could play so she was free to roam around the whole place which was perfect given her limited attention span.


There used to be a Dark Room but now the toys had been moved out and the room had became a store room.


The sensory corner required my supervision most as the table had lots of small objects which Rena could choke on.


She was attracted to this toy that allows the balls to roll down but she kept holding two balls in her hand and hit it against each other.


After awhile, she started exploring the rest of the place as she tries to stack on huge legos, played with cars, and other toys. She just continued playing by herself and doesn't even allow me to carry her. She even skipped her nap time and I had to force her to drink her milk.


There was also a book corner which doesn't seems to catch her interest.


She got frightened by this distorted reflection of herself. LOL!


While Rena was busy playing, I was happily resting in a corner and taking photos of her. Another plus point is that I don't have to worry about the mess she creates as the kind staff there will know where to put back each and every toys after the whole session. Overall, I would say my leave was well-spent and I would be back again next time.


Happy Mummy and a Tired Baby!

Cost: S$18 for two hours walk-in (for children 1 years old and up)
(One accompany adult gets to enter for free)
(Additional Adults at S$3 each)

Operating Hours: 10am to 6.30pm
12pm to 6.30pm (Thursday and Friday)

Address: 35 Rochester Drive
#03-22
Singapore 138639

Website: www.busytables.sg


XOXO

No comments: