Sunday, January 13, 2013

DIY Liese Bubble Hair Colour + Home-cooked meal at Jessie's House + Shopping at City Square Mall

Badly wanted to give my hair a fresh coat of colour for the new year, to cover up those black hairs that were newly grown as well as some strands of white hairs. Didn't really notice those white hairs until people around me started telling me that and wanting to pluck them off for me. So it seems like my white hairs is bothering much more to others than to myself.  

I usually did my hair colour at a salon but this time round I didn't want to as it's time consuming and sometime even after spending so much money, the end colour result still didn't turn out the way I wanted it to be. 

Had always wanted to try to DIY my hair colour and after mentioning this to Jessie, she straight away told me that it's actually a very easy task and that I can find a day to go over her house and she will help me with it. Since she has offered to help so readily, I might as well just give it a try. 

Picture Source : http://web.kao.com/sg/liese/lineup/haircolor/products.html
Though there are many DIY hair colour products out there in the market, we decided to go for Liese Bubble Hair Colour without much hesitation and also due to many good reviews online. Anyway, I'm also quite curious how bubble foam can turn my black hair into other colours.







So, with my S$5 Watsons voucher on hand, I used it to buy my first Liese Bubble Hair Colour - Chiffon Beige. There are so many different colours to choose from and I spent quite a bit of time deciding on the colours with Jess and Qing the other day. In the end, I choose this colour as it seems brighter and they are giving free reusable ear cover to protect ears from staining during hair colouring. I think I need a brighter colour in order for the colour to be more obvious on my dark black hairs. 

Picture Source : http://web.kao.com/sg/liese/lineup/haircolor/products.html
And guess what? After browsing through their official website, I found out that Chiffon Beige is indeed the brightest colour in the colour chart and not only that it's the only colour in the Yellow-Brown Series. LOL! Unique taste. The other colours that I actually considered are Antique Rose, Sweet Apricot and Marshmallow Brown. Jewel Pink is the new colour added on the shelves and it seems like a hot choice. 

THE ACTUAL DAY



 Jess not only invited me but also Qing to her house to do my DIY hair colour and she has also personally prepared a simply and healthy lunch for us. So yummy. Thank you!!! I love to eat home cooked food because everyday I've been eating outside food. Her specialty dish is the steamed egg tofu with fish paste. Check out the recipe on her blog.  


So these are what is included in the box and these are the only things that is required. Let's start! 


There is only one step to the whole process and that is to pour bottle 1 (smaller bottle) to bottle 2 (bigger bottle). After that shake well to ensure the two mixture mix well and change the cap to the pink one.

  
The two buddies-in-action and a happy me! Hehe. We are all ready to start! Eh, I'm not used to posting my photo without me wearing specs so I edited it with app - Line Camera for the fake shades. Haha. 


The amazing thing is about Liese Bubble Hair Colour is that the liquid turns into foam the moment it was disperse from the bottle. Wow. How did it happened? It was so easy to apply the bubble foam, felt like they are doing the shampooing for me. The smell is not as pungent as compared to doing in salon. I felt that the damaging level might be lower because in salon, they usually put something over your head under high temperature but when using this foam, we skipped that step altogether. I think I can do it myself but with my friends around, they can help me to see which area has not been applied yet.


While waiting for the colour to set (need to wait for about half an hour), we had some dessert brought over by Qing. Thanks for the yummy dessert! One is not enough. 


 After 30 minutes is up, just wash off the foam and apply the packet of conditioner that was included in the box. This is the end result. Taken on the same day while hair still wet under natural sunlight and normal lighting. 


The three of us all bought shoes at D & C at City Square Mall. They were having sales and Jess is a member so we got additional discounts! It was love at first sight for the pink chanel inspired shoe. The other two pairs, I bought them cause it was hard to find my shoe size, so when I found it, I will usually look for more pairs and buy them all at one go. Plus they are quite comfortable to wear too. Really is Design & Comfort. Buying new shoes makes me very happy cause the last pair of shoe I bought was during my Taiwan trip back in July last year. 

6 DAYS LATER 


Yes, the colour has become more obvious and looks natural. Great experience and love my new hair colour now! I think I will opt for DIY in future. Cheap, hassle free and I can do whatever I like during the half an hour waiting time. Hope you all enjoy reading. Bye! :) 

No comments: