Sunday, May 29, 2011

Manicure + Pedicure at Juup Nails AND dinner at Greenhouse cafe

She has a wedding to attend and I have my birthday to celebrate so the two of us make an appointment at Juup Nails (Devonshire road branch) to have our nails done nicely for the occasions!

Big TV but no sound

It was kind of hard to find this place as it's not inside any shopping centre but is within a shop houses by itself behind somerset. 

Love their butterfly clock
When we reached, we were surprise to find that the whole place was empty! There's only two mani and pedicurists too. Unlike, if we go to Far East Plaza or other places, usually the shop would be full of people. Perhaps, due to their locations, there's not much walk-in customers but more often those who made appointment so they are actually able to control the crowds by blocking appointments. 

Cute sleeping cats!

With only the two of us, the whole atmosphere is rather calm and there's no need to rush so I felt quite privileged. We were given a menu to decide on what drinks we want and I had a ginger tea. I've learnt to drink ginger tea from the massage sessions I had. 


That's my cheerful colleague cum friend, Missy Tini. Glad to have her to accompany me.   


That's me!

OPI - Shrek series

Missy recommended me this series of colours. I was thinking of getting the light and dark purple but I recall that the dress and blouse I'm going to wear for my birthday is blue so I picked blue instead.


Ta dah! The finished product. Bright and cheery. I like. Hope it can last long. Hehe


This the dark blue colour for my feet.

..............................................................................


After our manicure and pedicure, it's time for dinner. Was deciding where to eat. Initially, we wanted to walk to Plaza Singapura to have cafe cartel. However, we were tired and hungry to walk over so we settled from this first cafe/restaurant that greets us called the Greenhouse Cafe (Pocket Full of Poises). 


It's another peaceful place the outside is a florist, and inside cafe. Not sure why, it's not too crowded too. It's a Sunday but like no people in the places we visited one. 


Nicely decorated. Felt like eating in an indoor garden


This is their menu. They served Western food.


While waiting for the food to come, I imagined myself as a flower. Hah


My friend wants to show off her nails colours. xP


The food came, we both upgraded to set meals by topping up a few dollars to get free soup of the day and ice-cream for desserts.


Take photo first before eating.


A photo of us sitting on the bench which is actually a swing that we can swing back and fro, left and right while eating! Overall, today we went to two new places that we've never been before and the two new places both have a very nice atmosphere that makes us relax and just chill. 

For more photos of the food and my review on Greenhouse cafe, please visit this link : http://sg.openrice.com/singapore/restaurant/commentdetail.htm?commentid=8835

No comments: