Friday, September 06, 2013

I'm a Panda Party Planner for Kai Kai and Jia Jia at River Safari [2/2]


This post marks my third trip to the River Safari this year. Refer to my previous blog post here for my second trip and here for my first trip. Only able to capture this sign here at the entrance because I came here by bus for this trip. If I came here by my father's lorry, we would have went past this signage already. Note, we still need to take a bus of three bus-stops away to get inside. 


Coincidentally, bro and I both took leave today for our family trip tonight so I brought him along with me as my plus one. He wasn't able to join us during the family trip the other time so this is his first time to the River Safari. 


Enjoyed a simple breakfast of sugar butter toast, chee cheong fun and hot milo on a cooling Friday morning at Ah Meng Kopi.
  

The private event is a big birthday bash organised by Wildlife Reserves Singapore (WRS) and CapitaLand Limited (CapitaLand), the Presenting Sponsor and Conservation Donor of the Giant Panda Collaborative Programme, to commemorate the pandas' one year anniversary in Singapore and to celebrate Jia Jia turning five on 3rd September and Kai Kai turning six on 14th September. So it's a triple celebrations and I'm glad to be part of it. 


We had to walk through the River Safari to get to the Giant Panda Forest. This time round, I finally managed to get a closer look at the Sacred Croc, the Indian gharial. It's a sacred animal to the Hindus as it's believe that the goddess, Mother Ganga traveled the waters on a gharial. During my first trip, I only took a photo of its tail. Today, it's swimming towards us and I saw the bump at the tip of its' snout. The bump is believed to amplify buzzing sounds made during courtship. Not a pretty sight and not that I care anyway. 


Cannot help it! Have to create a comic for this lovely stock because it looks like it's smiling and posing in the second photo. Hehehe! ^^


We hastened our pace and finally we reached the stage of the Panda Party. Little kids dressed like pandas were performing a little dance. Below is a short clip.


How cute! 


We were told that Pandas are solitary animals thus they don't live together but they know of each others presence. The Panda keepers will monitor and will only put them together when the time is right during the  mating season. Kai Kai is now 6 years old and Jia Jia is only 5 yeas old. 


Introducing the Panda Party Planner. Spot me on the big screen! Haha. My few seconds of fame. 


After that, we were being showed a video of the shy Panda Jia Jia's mischievous moments that were being captured. Usually, the shy Panda Jia Jia would hide in her enclosure and visitors can only watch her through CCTV. It must be a lucky day to be able to capture her on footage that shows her so active and having fun. Look at her playing with that coconut!! 


Before we enter the Panda enclosure, let's welcome the Panda mascot. 


Peace. V^^V


Mr S R Nathan, Chariman, CapitaLand Hope Foundation, CapitaLand's philanthropic arm is also here and he's pleased to see that Kai Kai and Jia Jia is settling well in their Singapore home. He also emphasized on educating younger Singaporeans on caring for the eco-system. 


The birthday cake being pushed out. 


And all the media people rushing to take a good photo of the cake. I was still standing behind. 


Made my way through the crowd and luckily I still got a great shot of the birthday cake. 


Happy me with the Giant Panda mascot! 


One little girl even hand the Giant Panda Mascot a drawing drawn by her as a birthday present! Okay, it's time to see the real pandas! Let's go! 

PANDA KAI KAI

Below is a series of photos taken of Panda Kai Kai on his reaction of his birthday cake made of his favourite food, bamboo, carrots, ice and some flowers for decorations. 


He is obviously very happy with his birthday cake and begins munching on it. 

PANDA JIA JIA

Below is a series of photos taken of Panda Jia Jia on her reaction of her new birthday toy which is a wind chime made of bamboo.


Panda Jia Jia after eating just one bamboo walks around and starting to feel shy as all eyes are on her and she retreated back into her enclosure again. 


It's time for us to have a feast! 


This is one of the best reception ever!! OMG, the food is so so so nice! I can't bear to leave this place! While we are busy enjoying the food, lots of people from the media are trying to spot us and interviewed us. Busy me only care about food and trying to avoid them at all costs! Oops.

SQUIRREL MONKEY FOREST

This is another place where we spent a lot of time at beside the Panda exhibits area.


Hey monkey, are you trying to find your tail? Lolol~~


The monkey is super active today. They keep jumping out and trying to follow my bro. They seems to like my bro a lot. 


I think he wants to follow us home. 


OMG, urine wash! Is that why your hands are so yellow, monkey?!!


Yellow, yellow, dirty fellow. 


We left the squirrel monkey forest and went to the Amazon Flooded Forest to see more sea creatures. 


Under the sea, under the sea, darling it's better down where it's under, take it from me. Ah. Resting my feet here and took a nice photo. 


After that, bro and I decided to walk back another round. Cause earlier on, we were rushing to the Giant Panda Forest so we didn't really see the animals one by one. Also, we wouldn't know when will be the next time we come. And during our second round, we spotted the Four-lined tree frog mating! 


 Photo with the Yangtze Alligator. 


Back here again! 


Panda poop, teeth, food and some of its merchandise. 


It's so fun to be a Panda Party Planner! Cheers! 


Red Panda.


Panda Kai Kai birthday cake is now in a state of mess. 


Hahaha!! Panda Kai Kai is sleeping after his meal. 


Closed-up. 


Panda Jia Jia's wind chime seems like still untouched.


Panda Jia Jia hiding again. 


A nice self pic of bro and I. 


Me and the Red Panda mascot. 


In the glow-in-the-dark shop.


Thanks for the souvenirs. 


Ending my post with my birthday wish for the two pandas. I hope Panda Kai Kai and Jia Jia will love their 10 years stay in Singapore. Hope they will have their babies here too when the time is right. I will visit them again soon. ^^

No comments: