Sunday, May 05, 2013

UNIQLO UT POP-UP! Singapore


The global UNIQLO UT POP-UP experience is finally here in Singapore after stopping around at Tokyo (first stop was at Tokyo's Shibuya Station on 28 March 2013), Taiwan, London, Paris, etc. Over the weekend, here at 72-13 Mohamed Sultan Road is a chance not only to shop for some UT (UNIQLO T-Shirts), the UT POP-UP store will also be featuring works by local artists from Noise Singapore.   


The live band that was performing when I arrived is called 'Enecdote' as I later found out and they were singing the song "Titanium." This is the song I was so crazy about few months back, I practically have to listen to this song on YouTube every morning during my bus ride to work. It was like my power booster. 


Other than good music, what immediately caught my attention and makes me go WOW with my mouth wide opened is this gigantic collections of tees hanging together to form a large centerpiece. This concept totally matches the whole funky atmosphere. Below this collections are rows and rows of tees of various designs. 

Anyway, it's a two storey showcase and level two is where all the tees are for purchase and also where the fitting rooms are so I went to level two to choose my clothes. 


While I was making my payment at the cashier, I was advised by the cashier to go to level 1 to take some photos with their UT camera so that I can exchange it for a discount voucher. I did and I was told to change into my chosen UNIQLO Tee and strike different poses for 3 seconds! Anyway, you can find my animated photo here at the gallery : http://ut.uniqlo.com/sin/  


The photo was later used to create a badge at level 2. Ugly me, only my mum say it's pretty and even put it right at the front of the cupboard. 


This top is what I've bought. Simple designs and very comfortable to wear! What's inside the  UNIQLO goodie bag is a UNIQLO cup and notebook and a packet of candies. 

While I was waiting for my badge to be ready, I went round taking photos of all the random collections that interest me. Not sure whether did I covered the whole level 2, but below are some of the collections that I've taken. 


Kids (and some adults) favourite. The cartoon collections. 


LADUREE!!! My favourite macarons~ 


This is the one that I chosen for the 3 seconds photo taking session but I didn't buy this. 


The rest of the collections! I was quite amazed to find so many collaborations between UNIQLO and the other big brands name. Quite an eye-opener trip. 

No comments: