Saturday, September 10, 2011

Danice and Jason Wedding Dinner at Peony Jade Restaurant

Congratulation to Danice and Jason !


This is the second wedding dinner I'm attending this year. I love their wedding invitation card which is so innovative. In the English context, when the couple ties the knot, it's just known as getting married and it applies to both the man and the woman. However, in the Chinese context there's actually two different words to represent the man and woman. For the man, he has to "娶" the woman he loves to be his wife and the woman, she has to "嫁" to the man she loves. So this wedding invitation has this two characters and depending on which side of the couple's friend they are sending the invitation to, they just fold it to their preference. I must say Chinese is actually a very interesting language, don't you think so? 




Their wedding dinner was held at Peony Jade Restaurant at Clark Quay. Met up with a common friend and we both set off to find this restaurant. As it was the mid-autumn, we got to admire the mid-autumn lights-up at the Singapore River too. (I shall published the photos in my next post) Not very familiar with Clark Quay area so we really walked one big round before we spotted the restaurant name at the top of the second floor window panel. 




Everything also must take photo for memory. One of the ladies sitting there mumbled something like "no need to take photos la". I felt like saying, "why not leh? The box so cute what? And I must show my readers that I'm the friend of the female side ma.-_-." But I just keep quiet, quickly snap a photo and go. Maybe only people who blogged will understand this. We just loves to take photos of everything we see. Snap snap here, snap snap there. My whole computer memory space are pretty much used up by all the photos taken so far. 



Even the stairs also must take can, only during wedding will there be rose petals on the stairs ma. 




 A very nice, traditional Cheongsam hanging on the wall. I hope I can wear one on my wedding too. My ideal type is this sweet pink cheongsam. So nice~ Only worries is that I don't have the figure nor the height to wear it. Sigh, why didn't I jump more when I was younger?




Assigned to table number 13. XP and I was the earliest to reach. The invitation card say 7pm and we really reach at 7pm. So we sit there, chit-chat and surveyed the surrounding before the actual dinner starts about one hour+ later.  


  
The dishes we will be having. Yummy!




 The hosts of the night. 



 Yay! Finally the time for the groom and bride to march in. Wow. I think the march in song is one of my favourite song too - "I've Finally Found Someone." 



After awhile, the whole restaurant went dark with only the candlelight lighting up the restaurant. Yes, it's time to serve in the Cold Dish! The restaurant was filled with some Chinese instrumental music and it's the waiters and waitresses turn to march in. After marching in, and the light was turned on again, they still cannot put the dish down yet, they need to stand performed abit by changing position first before they finally set the dish down. 


After about three dishes served, it's time for a short video of how the groom got his wife in the morning. There's a part which I find quite cute and it's when all the sisters (Jie Meis) of the bride shouted, "If you want the bride, make sure the money is right!" Referring to the ang bao money that usually the groom have to give to the sisters before he can enters the bride's house. To this, the groom and his brothers (Xiong Dis) replied back with, "We don't have the money for the bride, but we can give you a free ride!" Hahaha. So cute. The three games that the groom and his brother have to play before he can meet his wife is also rather interesting. First is money art, to use the money to form I Love You. Next is the most common eating of sour, sweet, bitter, spicy food. This symbolize that you have to go through this four stages of life with your other half. Lastly is for him to shout "I Love You" in 8 different languages. Interesting video. So it's really not easy to plan for a wedding. 




After the video is the second appearance of the blissful couple. Danice looked so pretty in this evening dress that suits her well. After that is the usual going round tables by tables to toast and take photos time. 




The scrumptious 8 course meal we had and the review that I wrote. I sincerely wished that their love be endless like the circle of their wedding rings. 

No comments: