Monday, January 16, 2017

[Personal] Pregnancy Journal #2 ~ Joys and Woes

Not everyday of this pregnancy journey is easy and smooth-sailing but everyday brings me closer to you! 


I thought it's about time to post an update of my pregnancy journey. This week marks the 28th weeks or 7 months of my pregnancy to be exact.

Glowing Mummy and Growing Baby

Some friends compliment to say that I have the pregnancy glow shining when they saw me. With that boost, I went ahead to join the Supermom - Beautiful Baby Bump Contest 2017. For those mummies-to-be, submission and voting ends 31st January 2017. My submission was this self-taken, casual and fun shot. To vote for me, please click on this link.

Judging from the photos that were submitted, I don't think my chance of getting the top prize is high but I do hope that I can win the Mini Titles for mini prizes and a chance to model for SuperMom's Fashion Show.



I didn't went to the countless Baby Fairs at Expo as it was kind of too far from my house, thus this SuperMom Baby Fair at MBS happening on 17th - 19th February is a fair I look forward to. There's also a $5 voucher for every $50 spend. Signup at this link and key in my code "SMAJAS5". More deals are as follows:

1. The minimum spending for the $5 code is $50, and every $50 spent entitles you to a FREE Goodie Bag worth $188 (1st 300 spenders, so it pays to be early)
2. The vouchers are can be used together with the $50 SuperMom Vouchers that they are selling so that's discount on top of discount.
3. With the launch of their Staybuys items, you can get $5 off instantly from the price they state (as long as the Staybuy item is above $50 and doesn't state that voucher can't be used)



Throwback to 31st December 2016, when a big part of my joy begins as I felt my baby stirring actively inside. This is such an amazing feeling and I think Baby Rena is excited about counting down to year 2017 as well.



Hubby was not with me during the countdown as he needs to tend to the Lan Shop at JuzGaming but my baby's playful kicks reminds me that I am not alone.


Now, here's a top view of my baby bump. It's getting bigger and bigger and at times I do get kind of paranoid and worried about people accidentally bumping into it or will the umbilical cord get tied up inside? Can't help but have all these thoughts sometimes.

Every mummies-to-be will definitely have their own pregnancy stories to share as every women will encounter different symptoms, some women are just very lucky when it comes to being pregnant with no symptoms at all and the journey is a breeze for them. For me, in this second trimester, I've started experiencing the following:

- Pee leakage when sneezing and frequent urination
- Leg cramps mostly when I try to change my sleeping position at night
- Heartburn, I hate this as I can feel my stomach acid going back to my esophagus

But all these cannot be more alarming compared to the sight of blood and that is what happened to me few days back.

Monitoring the baby's heartbeat at NUH
This is what happened. Few days back, I was attending a course and during lunch break when I went to the toilet, I saw blood on my tissue when wiping. Panicked and worried, I really didn't know what to do. Luckily my superiors were with me so they sent me to NUH and I was admitted to the A&E. At that point of time, I felt a very tight cramps in my lower belly and I can't really walk. I have to admit in on a wheelchair. The doctors and nurses there kept asking if it was contraction pains but it wasn't. When I'm sitting or lying down, I don't feel the pain, but I can't stand nor walk. They sent me to the labour ward to monitor the baby's heartbeat and also did some scan. Hearing the baby's heart beat is the most assuring and relieving part at that point of time.


I stayed in NUH for 3 days and 2 nights and the consolation was that I have all my meals prepared and delivered to me. They did blood test and urine test and the result they got was glucose in my urine. They have no explanation to the blood I sighted and the tight cramps I felt and I was told that was normal. I later googled online and the closest explanation I found was that I'm suffering from the Round Ligament Pain. Some friends also told me I 'Dong Tai Qi'. In any case, even up till the day I was discharge, I have difficulties walking. I have to use a wheelchair to get to the taxi stand.


Due to the finding of glucose in urine, I was asked to do my OGTT test earlier instead of during the usual check-up. I'm so glad to do it here while I'm warded. Fasting is required to do this test. Early in the morning at 6am, the nurse drew one tube of blood. After that, I have to finished drinking this bottle of orange flavoured glucose within 15 minutes. Went back to sleep for 2 hours before another nurse came to draw another tube of blood. Can't imagine if I have to do this during my routine check-up.

 
All these make me realised how noble a mum is. Deep in my heart I really salute those mummies-to-be who have to work full time outside carrying a big stomach. For me, my only wish is for my baby to be healthy and for a smooth, natural delivery. Jia You, to all mummies!


XOXO

No comments: