Sunday, December 27, 2015

[OUTING] Adventure Cove Waterpark + Dolphin Island at RWS


On the last Sunday of the year, I went to have a splashing good time at the Adventure Cove Waterpark, RWS as I've won myself one admission ticket to the Adventure Cove plus Dolphin Island from the SEAA Blue Planet Instagram Contest. Didn't have any photos inside the Adventure Cove as our phones were all locked up in the locker.


The park is fairly small and super crowded compared to the waterpark I went to at Legoland. There was already some delay of about 20 minutes at the entrance as they process my admission tickets and each ride inside takes about half an hour to 45 minutes waiting time. Oh, and I found the floor super painful to walk on barefooted. I'm not sure why.


Out of the 15 water attractions, three of them requires separate admission charges - Dolphin Island, Ray Bay and Shark Encounter.

The only attraction that we find attractive and can't be found at Legoland waterpark is the Rainbow Reef whereby one can snorkel with 20,000 friendly fish over a colourful Rainbow Reef. Waiting time is approx 1hr and 45 minute for this though. Since I have reserved my time slot to the Dolphin Island at 5pm, we decided to skip this and the rides and just went to the Adventure River or commonly known as The Lazy Pool that brings us through 14 themed zones including a lush garden, a mysterious grotto and an underwater tunnel experience where we watched stingrays swimming around. We also went to the Bluewater Bay or commonly known as The Wave Pool twice to relax.


  Just outside the Dolphin Island - 'Experience it today. Remember it forever' is their tagline. The dolphin looks so 3D here.

Inside the Dolphin Island, there's a wide range of programmes that lets you interact with the Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins and learn more about them and they all comes in a different price tag. I went in alone and I was on the Dolphin Discovery program which cost S$98 if I have not won the ticket. For those who just want to go inside but do not wish to get down to the water, it would cost S$68. 


Bf found a spot at the second level and took photos and videos of me interacting with the dolphin through the grill! Thank you for the hard work and finding this nice spot. Hehe. Photo taking was not allowed inside as they have their own professional photographer to capture the special moments. Thus, all these photos and videos inside are sneakily taken.


The Dolphin Discovery program is suitable for non-swimmers with towels and wetsuits provided. Guests must be at least 4 years old to enter and Children below 110cm in height must be carried by a paying adult during the interaction.


We had an up-close interaction with the dolphin under the guidance of the dolphin trainer, Victoria. We also learn some interesting facts about the dolphins and some hand signals to communicate with them. The dolphin's skin was so smooth because it shed off their dead skin every two hours!


Kissing and playing some tricks with the dolphin all under the shallow water. Everyone in the group take turns to have individual time with the dolphin. Check out my videos interacting with the dolphin on my instagram profile @chewyjas


I enjoyed the lovely precious moment with the dolphin. If Quokka is the happiest animal on land, dolphin would be the happiest animal underwater. ^^ The aboved two closed-up photo with a leather folder cost $75. However, I felt the need to buy since these are the only closed-up photos of me with the dolphin and since my admission tickets is already complimentary.


Leaving Sentosa via the Sentosa Broadwalk to Vivo City for our dinner at JPot and I used a $50 mapletree voucher to pay part of it. Voucher won from the Innovati50n Instagram photo contest. Today is the day to use up my vouchers since the year is ending soon. Hope I will continue to be so lucky always. Thank you.

XOXO

No comments: